Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Eye Candy - Dress

Let’s take stock with some eye candy shall we? First up is the inspiration for my décor ideas, my pretty vintage dress.



There is a Piccione tag, but no other identifying markers. My dry cleaner could not help with an approximate age. So far, in comparing it to other dresses with similar cut and embroidery, it looks to be from the late 60’s to early 70’s. I’ve tried to keep the alterations to a minimum in order to preserve its original charm. Since I couldn’t get the sleeves up my rather well-endowed arms I snipped them off, salvaging the lace and cuff buttons. I was left with a pretty cap sleeve effect that I am very happy with. It will get a multi-point French bustle and perhaps some lowering of the overlay in front and back to match the bust line of the sheath.



Pardon the unzipped back, my mannequin is a bit of a porker.

I have yet to purchase any accessories to go with this dress. Anyone have any ideas? Leave a message!

Next up: bird cages, lanterns, and favors oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment