Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DIY-Favor Tags

So glad these worked out, it could have gone pretty wrong. 















The herd.

I picked up the 2.5" tag punch used from a lovely bride on Weddingbee for $7, totally worth going this route since brand new it's around $20.  You can find these little 2" stamps at Michaels, they have bins full of them and they are all $1.  I found a couple that said 'Thank You' in different fonts.  I sat there sorting through this huge bin for twenty minutes, but totally worth it.  Also got the stamp pad at Michaels, around $5 with a 40% off coupon.  This ink works great on the Stardream cardstock, which I scored as leftovers from another lovely bride on Weddingbee.  Let me tell you that classified section is pure gold for a Cheap-Ass like myself! 















Tools.  That 'Brilliance' stamp pad is specifically made for use on coated/metallic cardstock.

Loving this Ruby cardstock, it looks absolutely great in person, sort of hard to photograph though.  This stuff is going to be used all over the place, on our invitations, these favor tags, seating cards, and anywhere else I can squeak out. 

Method: Just punch the tag, punch a hole for the ribbon, stamp, let dry at least 30 minutes.  Done.



If we go ahead with the local honey for the favors I'm going to print out small logos of the business name with their contact info and glue these on the other side of the tag. 

Hopefully this tag punch is big enough to also tackle our seating cards.  Not sure how small I can write yet so we'll see.

Anyone out there have cool ideas for diy favor tags? 

No comments:

Post a Comment