Thursday, October 29, 2009

Eye Candy-Card Holder

Here is my adorable cardholder.

Squee!
Of course the future hubs thinks it's dumb that we're using a birdcage for a cardbox, which according to him should be a BOX.  I can see where he's coming from, but then I remember that it doesn't matter because this is just the sort of girly cute little thing I can obsess over.  He kindly obliges me. 

I purchased this second-hand for $15 from the lovely bride who also sold me my guest tablecloths for $4.35 a piece.  I'll make a little "Cards" card and use some of the purple lantern ribbon to tie it shut, a pretty easy project.
This whole diy wedding thing is putting my creative crafty side in overdrive.  I am an artistic person, I like making things, decorating, drawing and gardening.  This wedding stuff is taking that candle of creativity and turning into a 1000 Watt bulb.  The hubs is sweet about it, he says I'm going to drive myself nuts but he thinks it's cute.  He prefers function over form, and I prefer both at 100%.  I understand that bridesmaids usually help with this stuff, but my maid-of-honor is knocked up and planning for her own, enormous, baby shower/birthday in a few months.  My other bridesmaid actually clocked out on me because she will be 8 months pregnant on the big day, plus she lives 4 hours away.  My sister is in college and I don't like to ask for too much of her time.  Fortunately my man is a sweetheart and will continue to help me with my little projects so I don't go crazy. 

So, anyone out there feel like maybe they are getting in too deep in the diy pool?  Who's helping you with projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment