Friday, November 6, 2009

TGIF, and Cool Vase Idea

Seriously, I need the weekend.  What am I going to be doing with myself during this glorious fall weekend?  Stripping all the crap I glued on my cylinder vase lanterns and redoing them with my original idea.  The more I looked at all that lace, the more I hated it.  It's pretty lace, and it's pretty purple ribbon, and they look great...for a baby shower, or a damn tea party.  They are just too girly, too frilly, too not me.  Thankfully I'm only losing $5 worth of supplies, but the Goo Gone to clean up my craftastrophy cost me another $5.  Boo. 

Brides-to-be:  your initial gut reaction is usually the best one, also: tunnel vision makes you miss the bigger picture. 

I will be re-wrapping the vases with my original favorite edging, it's a pretty looped twine edging that I've never seen anywhere but my favorite store-PA Fabric Warehouse.  Incredible selection and clearance prices, what's not to love?  Hopefully Monday I'll have at least one redone so I can post a pic!

Awesome Blog and Idea:

Take 1 can.
Make something delicious out of the contents.
Remove the lid and clean thoroughly.
Coat the outside with spray adhesive.
Wrap with twine to cover completely.
Fill with water and pretty flowers and show off to all your friends!
























Image courtesty thethriftycrafter

Thethriftycrafter blog kicks ass, easy projects, realistic instructions, anyone can do this stuff and it looks great!  Instead of hanging mason jars with flowers from my shepard hooks, it's going to be these cuties.  A big ball of twine costs $2, and you are essentially recycling your can, everybody wins...well, except whatever was in the can.  Another idea I'm getting from this is to use funky shaped glass bottles or vases instead of cans, hot hot hot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment