Monday, November 2, 2009

Accessorize-Search for Jewelry

I had a rather hot and cold weekend.

Hot=engagement shoot in downtown Harrisburg which will provide sick photographs that will be posted here and turned into our guestbook.

Hot=my sister coming home from school and helping me finish the lacey lanterns.

Cold=losing a bell-shaped art deco camphor glass filigree necklace for the SECOND time on Ebay. The first time was out of my hands, the bidding went way over my budget. This second time was totally my fault for hesitating. This one was a reproduction of an original art-deco period piece. It was also sterling silver instead of gold. I also have a $100 budget for jewelry. This piece was $100 just for a necklace.




This is the expensive gold one.  HOT!

I can explain it away all I want, but the point is what I want is not easy to find. I’ve been scouring the internet for 2 months solid and have only found 2 of these pendants. Obviously I’d like gold, it makes a better investment, but the reality is my budget may not buy a gold version. I’ll continue to make my rounds at the local antique shops and continue the search, but I’m still disappointed that I didn’t have the balls to go for the one I found.

Anyone ever miss out on something they really wanted for the wedding?  Did it work out for you in the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment