Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Meet the Vendors - Venue

I can't say enough good things about our venue, as I'm sure you picked up from my previous gushing.  The owners are very easy-going and responsive to my questions.  It was the first venue we visited, and nothing else could compare to the atmosphere and value. 


Front view of the inn.
There are 7 guests rooms plus a loft, 2 living rooms and kitchens, a big banquet room, a game room complete with wet bar, fireplaces...it's huge.  Then there is the outdoor space.



The winding path down to the ceremony site in the forest.
There is a spot just off the banquet room for a very large tent, ours won't even take up half.  This grassy area backs up to the woods, and if you follow the lighted trail down the hill you will arrive at a clearing. 


This will be our ceremony site if the weather holds up.

Hopefully I will be scoring about 60 free mason jars.  We will be wiring these to be hung in the trees with candles all around the clearing.  It's so peaceful and lush and beautiful down there, I am hoping with every ounce of my brain that it does not rain.  I really want to take advantage of this magical little spot.  If the clouds do open up we'll have to squeeze into the inn somewhere or do the whole shabang under the tent.  I really do not like that second option.

Hopefully I get my wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment